Friday, January 7, 2011

Several months ago, my Clockwork Rat sculpture died. It fell off the shelf it was on and broke into a ton of pieces. I was very upset. Okay, to be fully honest, I was pissed off. It was a lot of work, I loved it, and then suddenly it was broken to bits.
I saved the damned thing, and I glared at it every day for weeks. Then it was every other day for weeks, and …you get the idea. It’s been long enough now, that I’m fairly divorced from the tragedy, and I can see it as something I will repair, redo and make better. It was a disaster, but I’m over it now, and I think I can turn it into something even cooler. I’ve learned a lot about sculpting in the months after, so he’s going to get a make over. I’m honestly kind of excited about the prospect now, and I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Also...No, you don't get to see a picture of it all broken up. I started to take one, and it ...just no.

No comments:

Post a Comment