Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Pens


For Christmas, my sister gave me some pens. She went to Michaels and chose ‘the most expensive ones they had’. Hehe, she thinks I’m an art tool snob (she’s right, too). They were a Faber Castell manga set. It’s a pretty cool set and comes with a black brush pen, fine point, and medium point pens, as well as a set of five gray and brownish gray brush pens.
I’d be a liar if I said I’d never looked at the pens before she bought them, but I hadn’t really ever considered buying them. I didn’t know what I’d do with gray pens. Turns out, I’d do a lot! I’ve been using them on a nearly daily basis. I LOVE the depth they’ve given my work. It’s very exciting.

As for the picture...the mushroom guy was the first think I did with the pens, and will be a gift to my sister, as she's got some unnatural affinity for mushrooms. He's not a happy looking guy, but he's not the scariest monster I've made lately, either (See my Baby New Year post).

So, to get to a point, I suggest these pens, if you like working with ink. Also, I’m thinking of throwing some art onto the Etsy page I run, so check over there, if you’re interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment