Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jar Shortage!


Those of you who have seen my etsy shop know that I make candles. Horrible candles in jars with babies in them (see the title of this blog!), or severed digits or eyeballs.
Lately I've not posted any more for sale because I've ran into a supply shortage on the particular jars I use. It's very irritating, but not the end of the world. Looks like I'll be buying jars online, soon.
I'm working on making some candles that don't require a jar, but that somehow feels wrong to me. I was thinking of maybe a candle gargoyle or the like, but again, that doesn't feel right. It also involves changing up the recipe for my wax.
I don't know how many of you have ever made candles, but changing their container, or lack there-of, involves changing the additives you put into the candles.
I'm by no means a master candle...smith (what's the title of a candle maker?), but I do take pride in what I've done. I'd hate for my glowing candle reputation to be ruined because of failed bland standing candles not in jars. Eh well.
Maybe soon I'll get some more jars and I will be able to make a ton o' babies, some brown eyes and green eyes, and perhaps even work on a few new candle molds. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment