Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rat Doll part 2

I've roughed out the rat's body. I've also got a design sketched out, but I'm too lazy to scan it, apparently, so you'll have to take my word for it.

The first picture is the core of the torso. It is aluminum foil wrapped with masking tape. The core will be cut out of the torso later, and the tape makes it easier to keep the foil from being stuck all in the clay. The clay is super sculpey, of being the easiest I've found to work with, thus far.

The second picture is of the torso covered in clay, with a rough of the head. Both parts are sitting in my oven as I am writing this. I don't want any confusion here, so let me just say that both the head and the body are in the 'first bake' stage. They both will have a lot of sculpting done to them before they are finished.

My plan involves a skirt and a long flexible tail on the rat, so you will likely get to see some comical attempts at sewing from me very soon. If anyone has a good idea as to what to use for a tail, let me know. I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment