Thursday, July 1, 2010

Two Paintings part 2


Two more of the many paintings I have to share.

'Beast of Legend' was a bit of an experiment for me, and I'm not quite sure if I'm satisfied with the results. It's acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, 16x20.

I used a lot of extender in the sky, but I don't have a lot of experience with extenders, so I'm a bit iffy of it. I think the sky turned out okay, though. The trees were a lot of fun, slapping a fan brush around always makes me happy!

The Rabbit Magus is also acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, and is also 16X20. The little magic runes flying about on this piece don't actually mean anything....so if you see a symbol that DOES mean something in there, that's my bad...unless you like it....then I put it in there for YOU.

I'm sure there's a story behind the Rabbit Magus, but I honestly couldn't tell you what drove me to paint him. I was just taken by the idea of a hooded rabbit with magical stuff floating around him.

Tomorrow I'll break from shoving paintings down your throat...but we can get back to that next time. Check back tomorrow for the Sideshow Goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment