Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trip to the zoo


Howdy, all. I spent yesterday at the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro. It was awesome and fun and HOT. Most of the animals were just lounging, like the Mountain Lion and Crocodile above (Yes, I took those photos! Yay!).

I got to see some gorillas up close, which was VERY exciting for me, as I love them, but the glass was too dingy to shoot through. I also got the impression that the male gorilla wasn't wanting his picture taken, anyway. He was laying with his back against the glass, and when people started tapping the glass, and yelling to get his attention, he grabbed a cloth, draped it over his head, and walked away, back to the glass the entire time. One of the girls was much more social. She had her nose against the glass watching us.

I also saw some really cool birds, and found out that I really like poison arrow frogs, now that I've seen them live and in person. I used to not think much of frogs, other than that they were nasty. Now I think they are pretty friggin' cool.

I was disappointed to not see a fox, other than some fuzzy stuff in a pipe that was supposedly an arctic fox. I don't blame it for trying to stay out of the heat, though. I also didn't see any hyenas, but I'm not sure if there were any there or not. By the end of the day, we had only gotten through most of the zoo...the lion area and lemur island got bypassed.

Anyway, that's what I did...and I got some pretty cool photos out of it. Maybe I'll work on some more wildlife related stuff, soon. Of course, I've got a two headed deer I'm working on, and that counts as wildlife, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment