Monday, April 12, 2010

Gas Mask Delay

I've been focusing a lot of attention on my steampunk gas mask, but I've realized now why only like one guy actually makes these things. I've ran into some problems.

Firstly, my lenses keep popping out. I'm not sure what to do about this one, but it's a minor fix, I'm sure. It is slowing me down, though.

The things my lenses are kept in keep breaking off the mask, too. This one is harder. I'm reworking the design to compensate for this, but it's being a pain.

The leather doesn't want to stay attached either. God help me, it's falling apart all over the place.

I really am working on this, though! I swear it!

On the other projects:

The sheep's body, head, and legs are finished. I need to make ears, hair, and arms. It's coming along.

Jewelry is harder than I thought. I've got some of it finished, but it's nothing I want to show!

The bird doll's head is finished, but I'm thinking of starting over. It doesn't have the feel I want. I'll save the head, of course, and use it for something else, later.

The Chan and Eng pic is done, but I've not matted it yet. I don't like matting, so I'm just stalling.

I started a vest today. It's my first attempt to sew using a pattern, which is weird. I cut out the lining, and now I just need to cut out the interfacing, the exterior and sew it all together. We'll see how that goes! It'll look good with the gas mask, I think.

I've also started a new steampunk pistol. This one's going to be double barreled! It'll probably go up for sale too.

That's it for now. More stuff later!

No comments:

Post a Comment