Friday, January 29, 2010

Big First Posting: E Cigarettes


Hello and welcome to my very first post, and it has nothing to do with Jar Babies or Art, this time.
For a first, let's talk about smoking. I'm a smoker, or I was until two weeks ago. Now I'm a 'Vaper'.
Yeah, I didn't know what the Hell a 'vaper' was either. Vaping is what the use of electronic cigarettes is called. Apparently, this is a big thing in some circles, and one I am now proudly a part of. It's new enough and small enough that it isn't persecuted like regular cigarettes, yet! Yay!
An E-Cigarette is a three (or two) part system: A battery, A vaporizer, and a cartridge. Most of them that I've seen combine the vaporizer and the cartridge into one piece now, though. The battery warms up the cartridge and produces a vapor that you inhale when you take a drag off of it (also the LED at the end of the 'cigarette' lights up! Just like smoking!) The vapor has nicotine (Yay again!), flavoring and water...so it's way less nasty on your body than cigarettes.
As a menthol smoker, I went for menthol flavored cartridges at first, and I love them. The first week was a battle of wills to keep from lighting a real cigarette, because I psychologically missed the actual smoke. Now, though, it's not a problem. The other flavors are amazing and varied, though. A new personal favorite is the cola flavor from Vapor4Life. They have over 100 flavors already, and more keep showing up! Yummy flavors like Cola, Raspberry, Menthol and Mint, and nasty flavors like Banana and Pineapple are all available (note: I just hate bananas and pineapples...ew. If you eat that kind of crap, you might like them). They also come in different strengths of nicotine, from 0mg up to 36mg.
So, if you are sick of smoking but not ready to give it up, you have an alternative now. I'm personally endorsing Vapor4Life, but I'll admit my e-cig vaping lifestyle experience is limited to theirs and Smoker Friendly's brand of e-cigarette. Vapor4Life's are less expensive than most brands, have great reviews, and most importantly, you can have a bright red cigarette with a green filter and a blue LED that lights up on the end, if that's what you want! That's one of the colors I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment